Monday, June 3, 2013

Thank Heaven for Little Boys!

This post has been a long time coming!

In April, my mom hosted a wonderful baby shower for me in my hometown on Long Island. When my mom began planning my shower, I was immediately interested in all of the details. I found myself "suggesting" a color scheme and certain decor; so instead of my mom trying to read my mind and stalk my pinterest boards, we decided I would help plan, design and execute all of the fun details...I just can't help myself. I love party planning! Especially in honor of my baby boy.

Our theme was "Thank Heaven for Little Boys." The color scheme was blue, mint green, silver & white. The first step was to design invitations ~ of course, I enlisted the help of my fabulous co-author and friend, Jess of Whimsy B. Designs! I sketched an invitation design, sent it over to Jess and in no time she had a perfect proof for me. Additionally, she created our place card tags, table names, game boards, all framed stationery and a beautiful wooden sign that read, "Thank Heaven for Little Boys." She is brilliant!

On each table, we had an array of mercury and clear glass candle sticks, votives and beautiful floral arrangements. My ultra-talented mom created each floral arrangement with such ease (remember: she did the same for our wedding!) Additionally, the dessert display table was such a fun accent in the room. I provided our baker with super fun trim for the cake, which centered the table. I am now considering adding cake trims & appliques to my wedding accessories line. They make a major statement.

Overall, there were so many fun DIY details that came together perfectly for my shower. I am so grateful for the incredible help of my mom, sisters, mother-in-law and sisters-in-law for pulling it all together the day of!

Baby boy and his mama are the luckiest!
































No comments:

Post a Comment