Saturday, December 1, 2012

About Us

Jessica, owner of Whimsy B. - Simply Lovely Stationery and Ashleigh, owner of the self-titled wedding accessories line, Ashleigh Malangone | New York, grew up in the same town, however, it wasn't until they were both planning their weddings in 2010 that these two developed a true friendship.

With their future husbands by their side, Ashleigh and Jessica began exchanging wedding plans when reunited at Pre-Cana at their hometown church. With their upcoming 2011 nuptials only two months apart, the girls remained close throughout their respective planning and would devotedly exchange emails a few times a week sharing ideas, inspiration and vendor recommendations. It was evident they were both enamored with the exciting details but they quickly realized that they shared a deeper passion for the creativity and loveliness of the wedding industry.

Both Ashleigh and Jessica incorporated their own designs into their weddings and with this; both their businesses were beginning to organically materialize. And the rest, as they say, is history.

With the inception of both their businesses in 2012, Ashleigh and Jessica decided to collaborate on this blog. Shine & Sparkle will be like a scrapbook of their favoite things.Wedding inspiration, post-wedding inspiration (home & baby!) styling, products, interiors as well as collaborations with some of their favorite fellow entrepreneurs. Please join them in reveling in all things lovely!

About Ashleigh:
I’m living on Long Island, New York with my wonderful husband and a little baby boy on the way! For as long as I can remember I’ve been enamored with fashion, design and antique treasure hunting.  The creativity of the wedding industry in particular has inspired me to create a line of handmade and vintage accessories focused on the bride and her bridal party.  My passion is to create fun, beautiful accessories and I’m grateful that I’ve found an opportunity to cultivate my ideas and vision through this line.  I believe it’s the small touches that make a lasting impression. My ultimate goal is to subtly incorporate my personal style into my designs, but in a way that also allows a bride to incorporate these pieces in her own unique vision. Website: ashleighmalangoneny.com




About Jessica:
I was born and raised in the suburbs of New York City on Long Island, where I currently reside with my amazing husband and little white terrier Tyson. Ever since I could remember, from the days of Lisa Frank and scratch n' sniff markers, I have loved art and all things stationery. With a degree in graphic design and marketing, I began designing invitations and social stationery for my friends and family. I even took on the big task of designing my own wedding invitations and day of stationery. With the overwhelming admiration and positive feedback over the years for my work, it became clear that I would continue the journey of creating beautiful stationery for others. Whimsy B. Designs was soon after created, bringing inspiration and unique designs to the world of stationery. 

We are so grateful for how far Whimsy B. Designs has come, continuing to grow with amazing opportunities and expansion. As a company, we are blessed to be doing what we love and working with such wonderful customer’s every day!

Be sure to check out our website for new designs www.whimsyb.com


No comments:

Post a Comment