Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ashleigh & Paul

Jess and I are excited to share a peek into our own weddings with you...

Paul and I were married in a traditional, Catholic nuptial mass and our reception was on Long Island, New York at a waterfront location, the Old Field Club. This venue is beyond charming with its high-beamed ceilings, historic charisma and French doors opening to the waterfront deck.

Ever since I first learned about her from my mom, I have been inspired by Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic and I knew I wanted to incorporate this style into our wedding. I'm an avid vintage / flea market shopper, lover of all things sparkly and am always on the hunt for unique treasures. I always dreamed of having a romantic evening reception that was lit simply by candlelight. To create this vision, we placed over a hundred votives in every nook of the room, with the only additional lighting coming from incredibly dimmed chandeliers and sconces.

We used mercury glass, white linens, rhinestone accents and tons of flowers. My mom, who I inherited much of my style from, helped me handpick and purchase every vase, votive and adornment for our reception so that the decor would truly express my personal style. DIY projects such as mint julep cups for place cards were bejeweled with beaded trim and filled with tulle. Inside each cup was a single white stone which we hand-wrote "love" on each of. We created a cloud-like effect above the dance floor by hanging white Chinese lanterns from the high-peaked ceiling. For the oversized fireplace mantle, we found mine and Paul's initials in white distressed wood from a great Etsy shop.

Every element of our wedding was of great importance to me. Our mass, with Paul and I on the alter together, was by far my favorite part of our wedding. My other favorite details included the hankerchief my grandma bought for me in Ireland 15 years ago; my handmade pearl bouquet wrap that is now a part of my wedding accessories line; custom "P & A" labels on each hand-rolled cigar; the handmade "Just Married" sign on our 1965 Princess Rolls Royce and the last but definitely not least, the words engraved inside my husband's wedding ring.

One of the first elements of our wedding was my gown. I always knew I wanted a simple mermaid silhouette and knowing precisely what I was looking for, I actually purchased the first gown I tried on! My sister found it and said, "this is exactly what you want!" She was right! After finding my gown, I was on a mission for the perfect wedding heels. I wanted a style that was charming and unqiue. Blush pink, peep-toe Christian Louboutin pumps were my second great find. I still wear these heels when I get fancy!

I must say that our wedding day was magical. I hope you enjoy looking through some of my favorite photos!











Vendors
Reception Venue: The Old Field Club
Super 8 Cinematography: Andy from Film Jones
Florist: My Awesome Mom
Hairstylist: Nicole D'Angio
Bride & Mother of the Bride Makeup: Virginia Bradley-Linzee
Bridesmaid Makeup: Connie McDonough
Letterpress Invitations: Smock
Hand Calligraphy: Mindy Rosner
Cigar Roller: Little Cigar Factory
Day-of Coordinator: Roey Mizrahi
My Cathedral Veil: Amsale
Bridesmaid Dresses: Chloe & Reese
Tuxedos: Tuxedo Park
Paul's Custom Shirt and my Dad's Custom Suit: Prestige Custom Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment